What is the Write, Earn, Give program?
Write, Earn, Give is Clubhouse's program that pays software engineers to write tutorials, how-to and thought leadership content for Clubhouse. With each writer payment, we also donate to a tech-focused charity, non-profit or open source project of the writer's choosing.
How much does it pay?
We payout based on the following structure:
- How-To / Tutorial: $400 (with working code examples: $600)
- Blog Post: $350
All payouts are made at Clubhouse's discretion, and will be matched by a donation to a tech-focused charity, non-profit or open source project of the writer's choosing. For more details on payment and eligibility requirements for donations, see our FAQs.
What should I write about?
We are looking for a broad spectrum of content written for software developers and engineers. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Holistic/thought leadership topics designed to help developers (example)
- Fun posts that talk about the world of software engineering (example)
- Coverage and comparison of popular developer tools (example)
- Analysis of the software team and the roles that it comprises of (example)
- Guidance on managing and scaling a tech team (example)
- Career guidance and advice for software engineers (example)
Developer How-To / Software Engineering Tutorials:
- In-depth tutorials that teach useful coding techniques (example)
- How to guides on setting up software infrastructure
Take a look at what we've already published on our blog and developer how-to section for further inspiration and to see topics that we already have content for.
Who am I writing for?
We're looking for content that is aimed at software engineers, but with a particular focus on engineering leads, managers and VPs/CTOs. However, ideas aimed for any level of software engineer are welcome.
How do I get started?
Sold? Here's how you can get started in writing for Clubhouse:
- Apply: Fill in our simple application form, including a writing sample and a pitch for your first topic.
- Write: Once you've agreed upon a topic and outline with our Content team, you can get started. We'll provide all the necessary guidelines and templates to get started.
- Refine: After you submit your first draft, you'll work with a member of the Content team to edit and refine your piece.
- Get Published: Don't worry, we handle this part :)
- Get Paid: Once your piece is published, we'll issue payment via PayPal.
- Donate: Choose your charity, non-profit or open source project that you'd like to receive a charitable donation, from Clubhouse, made on your behalf.
- Repeat: Any time you'd like to write again for Clubhouse, reach out to your contact on the Content team to repeat the process!